Saturday, January 29, 2011

Carpet Balls


Many years ago, I was watching an episode of Cash In The Attic and they found these things called Carpet Balls or Carpet Bowls.  OMG, they were amazing and so pretty!  But the antique ones were so expensive!
 

Some of the antique ones go for over $100, so I started looking for newer ones.  I was able to find some in antique shops for about $3.00 and then I came across a bunch of them at my local Christmas Tree Shop for $1.00 each! 
 
Here's a blog post I found from 2008 that shows some pretty colors:  http://seeingdesign.com/etc/carpet-balls
 


                 
 
I have to settle for showing you other people's because I put mine away and can't remember where I put them :(  sigh.  They aren't this pretty anyway.
 
One more, this is an OLD photo from the Internet:

For more regarding the actual game, you can read about it here:     Birkenhead Carpet Bowling
 
RWS
 

4 comments:

Peppercorns said...

I love them! They are so beautiful!

What do you mean you can't remember where you put yours!?!?!? ROFLMAO

jj said...

These are so neat.
I love the different colors and patterns.
You lost your balls Runs?.....

Doodle said...

Game? There's a game? Must remember to look at that. Sounds fun. Those are really cool and unique. Never heard of them before. But then, you always DO find some most unusual fun stuff. :)

goodgosh said...

It always comes back to balls....

Carpet balls? Where on earth do you find these things? lol