Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Stroll Down Memory Lane


Last week, I showed some of the types of hotels we used to stay when I was a kid visiting the Jersey shore. This week, I want to show you an amusement park I visited well into young adulthood, whether it was with family or friends. Take a look back at Dorney Park when it was a smaller family oriented amusement park.


My favorite rides were Journey to the Center of Earth and the great wooden carousel! I remember the swan boats and so many of the old rides and the fun house. Take a look at the link above and you'll even see that a famous movie was made at this park!

Here is a video of the carousel:

On Saturday nights, I'd go just to watch car races as they used to have a racetrack that has long since been forgotten.

Take a look at the park now! http://www.ridezone.com/parks/pa/dorney/dorney02.htm
 It's no longer an amusement park but a theme park.

Wow, this brought back some great memories!  Thanks for taking a stroll with me.  Do you have memories of your childhood you'd like to share with us?

Have a great holiday weekend!
RWS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was cute and reminds me of when I was a kid. Great memories. Thanks!