Tuesday, May 24, 2011

VACATIONS THAT HOLD SPECIAL MEMORIES

My family has always enjoyed National Parks and over my life I've been able to visit many of them. They are all beautiful and each one has something unique and special about it. However, my favorite is Yellowstone National Park.

                                                               Old Faithful 

It is our very favorite and stands out as the best vacation ever. Although I have enough pictures to put together my own book, I'm using those taken by a professional photographer to show you the variety of unique charms this particular park has to offer.

From the famous "Old Faithful" geyser to an incredible variety of animals, Yellowstone has it all.

Heart Spring


Morning Glory Pool


Chinese Spring



Lower Falls of the Yellowstone


Firehole River


Grand Prismatic Spring


Doublet Pool



Gibbon River



Yellowstone Lake



Mammoth Hot Springs


Mammoth Hot Springs


Bison



Coyote


Elk



Here are two links if you would like more information.

 This link has a history of Yellowstone National Park:  http://www.nps.gov/yell/historyculture/index.htm

This link is where I found these photos and there is a lot more here:

I hope you enjoyed your mini vacation through the park.

Pepper, Pep, Helmet Head



4 comments:

Doodle said...

Nice job Pepper. I would love to take a cross country trip and visit as many National parks as I could.

I think it's time for a vacation!

(Duuude)

jj said...

I love the colors in these pictures....they must be gorgeous in person!
Thanks for sharing natures paintings.

VintageEmbellishment said...

I have been on the roads around Yellowstone but never actually spent time IN Yellowstone...beautiful country...

goodgosh said...

Oh my gosh. I want to go!!!