Friday, December 23, 2011

Chocolate/Oatmeal Uncooked Cookies


Christmas baking was always a major event in my house.  We would start early in December and fill as many containers in the house as we could find.  My mom, my sister and I would all decide what our “specialties” would be so no one else would make what the others were making.  Cookies, fudge, candy, and breads.  (I think we could have fed the entire country they way we baked.)  And it was always fun to put plates or containers together for friends and neighbors. 

I miss those days, and one of the cookies my mom made became a favorite of mine to make.  I wish I had her exact recipe, but it’s hidden away somewhere and so I had to search the net for one.  This sounds very similar so I’m sharing it. 

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
(I prefer chunky myself)

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute.
Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla and oatmeal.
Drop by spoonful onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.


These aren’t the ooey gooey kind of my childhood school days, but they sure are good.



Though it’s nice to have the house smell of “cookie baking” during this time of year, you can whip this up really fast, and while they are cooling, you can have more things going in the oven. 

It’s been another fun week, but I’m so full just reading about all the fun foods of the season.  Hope you are able to try some of the things we’ve shared, or feel free to share your own in the comments.  And if you make any of ours or buy some holiday favorites, please come back and post how well you enjoyed them!

We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  
Spend time enjoying the holiday with friends and family.  
And thanks for all your support this past year.   
See ya in 2012!
~~~ Duuude ~~~ 

1 comment:

Peppercorns said...

These uncooked cookies sound wonderful Duuuude. They also sound like a cookie my grand-daughter could have...I'm going to check it out.