Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shopping with a theme


When I'm out antique shopping, I like to have a goal. Something to look for. This year, I'm going for a theme!

I'd like to do an area on my deck for laundry, it must be super neat and vintage!

First, I want to start with the clothesline. A retractable one like this:

Color isn't a factor, it just has to work!

Then, I'll need something to store clothespins in, I like the dresses I see:

And I'll need some clothespins to put in it, I like the clip type.

I will need something to put my laundry in while I hang it and I'm not really sure what I want yet, but this strikes my fancy:

And I all ready have a few vintage hangers I can use for certain items, these are vinyl coated and expandable!

And they fold down to store them!

How do you shop? Do you look for only certain items or do you shop randomly?
VS/RWS

3 comments:

Peppercorns said...

That sounds so fun! I have to admit I'm usually a random shopper when it comes to vintage, but once in while I have a plan. :)

VintageEmbellishment said...

Random shopper...it has to have the right "look" for me....whatever that is!

jj said...

I never thought of shopping with a theme. I might have ideas in mind, but I usually just get what hits my fancy. Maybe I will have you give me a theme to shop by.....