Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A VERY SPECIAL ETSY SHOP


OWL Valentine's Cards, Anna Griffin Designer Papers, Hot Pinks, Zebra, Cheetah, Black and White

I would like to introduce you to a very special Etsy shop.
4cockaynesyndrome

This shop was started to help earn money for a very worthy cause, to help begin research for a devastating illness. The following is taken from the shop's profile.

This shop was established to sell items to raise funds for Cockayne Syndrome research because there is currently no treatment for children affected by CS. There is not even a clinical trial testing any medications.


What is CS?

CS is a tragic childhood disease that causes premature aging and a shortened lifespan.

The butterfly is the symbol for children who have lost their lives early to CS, so many of our items feature this symbol.

Please consider purchasing an item in our shop or donating cards/items to the shop. You will be credited in the item description.

Thank you so much,

Thank you for taking time to visit this shop, and hopefully you will find something you like.  Check out the wonderful handmade cards they have to offer! 
Pepper

5 comments:

VintageEmbellishment said...

Thanks for posting this :)

A Collective Journal said...

You're welcome. This shop and the need it calls attention to touched my heart.

Doodle said...

That's awesome. I've never heard of this. Always learn something new and to have a cause ~ even better.

Thanks Pepperhead. Here's to praying for a cure!

PTO said...

I've heard of this before, but didn't know the name of it. Nice post helmet head!

Scarlett Clay said...

What words can I use to explain how much it means to me that you posted this? You have brought me to tears by your kindness, thank you so much. I am grateful to you for raising awareness of CS among your circles. I know a cure will be found someday, I just hope that someday is soon. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart <3

Many blessings!
Scarlett